Welcome to the
The Nutrition 101 challenge is a transformation challenge that goes beyond basic nutrition where you will learn how to get in the best shape of your life.
With this course you will finally have a clear understanding of nutrition as it pertains to your unique goals and body.
You will achieve weight loss or lean mass gain and have amazing body transformation.
This course will take you step by step from the beginning of your journey to the point of achieving success, and the principles within will always be with you—keeping you in the best shape of your life for the rest of your life.
Are you eating for your goals?
Do you know for sure?
There certainly is a whole ton of misinformation out there and we're here to set the record straight.
In this course you will learn exactly how you should be eating based on you, your lifestyle, and your goals.
"Is the Nutrition 101 Challenge for me?"
Do any of these apply to you:
Men/ Women—we have very different needs, and for a good reason. Though our basic needs can be the same, men and women often have different nutrient requirements because of the different physiological mechanisms we each have.
Tactical Personnel/ Police/ Fire & Rescue/ Extreme jobs—do you know if you’re eating what you need to be prepared to perform/ train in life-threatening situations?
Adolescent athletes—are you feeding your little athlete correctly? Children's needs are very specific. Malnourished adolescents can have stunted growth and development that wouldn't have otherwise been.
Competitive athletes—feed your body what it needs to perform at its best. As a competitive athlete your nutrient requirements and proportions are very different than that of non-athletes. The needs of an athlete are also dictated by the sport and position in that sport. They can all be completely different.
Post injury/surgery—there are some foods that can aid or impede in the recovery process. There are times that antioxidants should be greatly reduced and times that certain fats should be avoided while others should be increased.
Senior citizens—are you giving your parents/ grandparents what they need to stay healthy? As we age our physiological processes change, health needs change, and as a result so does our nutritional needs.
The Nutrition 101 Challenge also covers the confusion surrounding the latest short-term diets—are they really necessary, and when?
Whether you’re trying to get rid of that last bit of belly fat, learn the actual “dos and don’ts” of healthy eating, or trying to eat to perform you will learn it all here.
This course will teach you how to get in shape and stay that way forever.
After this course you will never need to hire another coach again!
How the program works
Download your free copy of This is the Skinny on Your Diet Plan As soon as you register
Get a head start on your challenge, and download your free e-copy NOW.
This book is a mini reference you can use when out and about and may need to refer back to some details.
The information in this book is the foundation of this course.
The week you sign up is the kick-off week of the Nutrition 101 Challenge for you.
Once you sign up you will complete a questionnaire-consultation of your goals (weight loss, gain, etc.) and a plan for success.
You’ll need to get your baseline starting body weight/ measurements, etc.
Don't worry, we'll discuss with you how to get all the data we need.
New fitness tasks and nutrition lessons
Every week there is a fitness task and a nutrition lesson (that takes you beyond basic nutrition) that you will learn from as you grow closer to the body transformation you are looking for.
You will lose weight, gain lean mass, and get in the best shape of your life.
During the week you will have results based expert coaching and accountability available too.
We'll be "officially" weighing in kickoff weekend, the finishing weekend, and the end of every 4th week in between to do a progress check to ensure that you are on the right track. We'll discuss any changes needed or why changes aren't needed. You'll also record your progress on our progress tracker and you'll be able to view anytime you'd like.
More information below. Get ready for a total body transformation!
Finish line—Final measurements
This weekend is the completion of the Nutrition 101 challenge. You will record final measurements and discuss the future of your nutrition and exercise plan with your coach to keep your progress rolling. Your body transformation won't end here. This is only the start. Take what you've learned and keep making progress!
Congratulations on completing the
Nutrition 101 challenge!!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Nutrition 101 challenge?
The Nutrition 101 challenge is a program that is centered around helping you to not just understand how to use your nutrition to achieve the body transformation you want, but to also develop life changing healthy habits by providing education, resources, and motivation for anyone looking to jumpstart their weight loss or lean mass gain goals and live a healthier life. Your lessons will be online and your physical activity will be guided by advice but ultimately up to you to make the time to workout. We'll be holding you accountable.
Why should I join?
• To reach your goals – no matter how big or small, we will help you to build an effective weight loss/ lean mass gain plan to achieve your body transformation.
• To learn how to live better day to day.
• To get the right support and helpful information.
• To be a part of a community of like-minded individuals – everyone in the Nutrition 101 challenge is going through the same experience as you.
• To have a clear understanding of your body and life's nutritional needs.
What is included in the Nutrition 101 challenge?
• Guided lectures (weekly) through what food and nutrition is. It's much more than energy.
• 16 weeks of expert nutrition coaching as it pertains to your unique goals.
• Initial goal-setting session at kickoff to help provide a personalized/ structured plan.
• Accountability through multiple check-in and meetings with your coach.
• Assigned workouts every week.
• Your copy of This is the Skinny on your Diet Plan.
• Plus, much more!
What if I can’t make it to every session?
That’s okay! We understand. Life happens. We’ve built this challenge with that in mind. The real participation is applying to your life what you are learning during the weekly lessons. You can't really "miss" a lesson since all the lessons are all online. You just get caught up when you have a chance. Only, you must make sure that you get online at least once a week to review your lessons. The real participation isn't going through the lessons anyway. The real participation is applying what you learn in the lessons to your life during the week. Getting to
a physical activity part of your week at least 3 times a week is only a bonus.
How many people are in each class?
Since the lessons are online you will be at your own pace as if you are the only one in the class. Be rest assured that many others have started at the same time you did, but it's not likely that you'll ever meet anyone that's on your current learning path since anyone from anywhere in the world can sign up at the same time.
How long is each lesson?
The length of each lesson will vary as there may be activities to do, questions to answer, plans to make, etc., but in general you should plan an hour each time you sit down to do a lesson.
Do I have to go to a gym too, or can I just do the lessons?
You are greatly encouraged to make time (about 2.5 hours a week) for physical activity as the American Heart Association suggests this as the weekly minimum for a healthy heart. But, the good news is that you don't have go to a gym to achieve this. Physical activity is one of the "gray" areas of health that is made clear through this course. Go for a 30 min. walk 5 times a week. Play a game if tennis, take the kids or grandkids out for a short stroll in the park or bowling. Moving (intentionally) of just about any kind for about 30 min. is all the minimum exercise you need. You'd be surprised what "physical activity" actually means in terms of health. The course is built to work with participation of both parts, lessons and physical activity. But, if you only make the lessons, as long as you make the changes to your nutrition as you learn, that is the bare minimum and most necessary part.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up by using the "sign up here" button at the top of this page or send an email with your contact information and details or by clicking here.
Do you give refunds?
Sorry, there are no refunds for any reason. All sales are final.
What if I currently have a or have had an injury that may limit my physical participation?
That’s okay. Your program director/ coach will be able to modify your personal movement requirements based on your physical needs. He will use the information he gains from the movement screen that you will do.
What if my injury is new, or what if it’s my back?
That’s okay too. A serious injury doesn’t mean a life of unhealthy decisions and movement patterns. It’s not a prison sentence and your coach will show you how. First you will go through a movement screen and from that information he/she will show you how to move.
I don't have a gym membership anywhere, can I still participate?
Having access to a gym is a very helpful part of the Nutrition 101 challenge, but it's certainly not completely necessary. If that’s the only thing stopping you from achieving body transformation, weight loss, lean mass gain or just a better life, I encourage you to talk to us before canceling yourself out. You'd be surprised as to what counts as physical activity. There are almost always other options available.
Will I have to take before and after photos?
“Have to” is a strong term. You only "have to" if it was written in our agreement together. You don’t have to per se, but we strongly encourage and support you doing so. You should take them at home in appropriate attire. Three photos will be needed. A front shot, a side shot, and a back shot. The shots should be full body view, taken in the same place of the home or building with the same backdrop. That way contrasting details from beginning to end are noticeable.
P.S. we have some agreements that require photos, but you'll certainly know you are getting into one of those kinds of agreements before you do.
Nutrition 101 Challenge
This is the progress tracker you'll be using during your 16 week challenge. It's hosted by OurWeigh.in Click the link, set up an account or log in "socially", and join the group Nutrition 101 Challenge.
Then you're all set to begin tracking!
Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy's
Nutrition 101 Challenge
1. Entry and Eligibility. The Nutrition 101 Challenge (the “Challenge”) is intended to be a 16 week course. Since it is done at your own pace, the time it may take to complete will vary person to person as will the results. You can sign up by using the "sign up here" button or email at the top of this page with your information and quiry, or by clicking here. Under no circumstances at all will there be any refunds. The enrolment will not be complete until the fee has been paid and access into the course is been given to you, according to the enrolment policies at NNFA.education. The “fee” is the client’s (you) cost of the Nutrition 101 Challenge which covers the cost of the online content provided to you and administration of the Challenge. It may not cover any personal or one on one time you get or choose to have with your coach. That is up to you and your coach (if you decide to have one) to work those details out, and Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy or Nutrition 101 Challenge has no responsibility in the matter. Payments made/ costs acquired, aside from your enrollment fee, isn't part of the Nutrition 101 Challenge and must be made to the other or 3rd party providing the service i.e. your hired coach. You must accurately and honestly fill out the initial paperwork and questionnaire to the best of your ability, keep updated your progress on the Challenge's "progress tracker" that is mentioned on this page/ site, and complete the weigh-in/ measurements in the beginning, during the program, and the last (finish line) weigh-in and measurements. The Challenge is open to anyone who has obtained the age of 18 by their start date.
2. Weigh-in and Body Composition Requirements. The first scheduled weigh-in is the week you enroll into the Challenge (kickoff day). Then the next 2 weigh-ins will be during every 4th week from the previous weigh-in. Lastly, the last day (finish line) is the last scheduled weigh-in. It is only acceptable to compare the data from the first and last weigh-in days, because the data will fluctuate often during the Challenge. The weigh-ins inbetween the first and last will only be for peace of mind and progress checks. They should not be used to determine program validity.
3. Photo Submission. We don’t require but do heavily support submitting “before” and “after” photos to help us continue our research and quality program development. If you decide to submit photos to us please submit a total of six (6) photos, three (3) recent “before” photographs and three (3) “after” photographs using the following instructions: front body and head view, back body view, and side profile view. The “before” photos and the “after” photos should be similar poses. Do not take pictures in locker rooms. Though not required, for best results the photographs should be three-fourths (¾) body or full body to show full weight loss/ gain and body transformation. You should also be in a bathing suit or similar clothing. We reserve the right to use the photos at the discretion of our needs.
4. Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability, and Indemnification. You acknowledge that there are risks associated with your participation in the Challenge and you agree that the terms of your member “waiver” that you have or will have once you've enrolled to work with Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy or any of our affiliates apply to your participation with the Nutrition 101 Challenge, including but not limited to the Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, and Indemnification provisions. By entering the Challenge, each participant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, discharge, and hold harmless Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agents, together with the present and future officers, agents, employees and representatives of each of them, from any and all responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with any person’s participation in the Challenge or any other service provided by Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy.
5. No Guaranty of Weight Loss/ Gain or Body Transformation. Individual weight loss results vary and participation in the Challenge does not guarantee weight loss, lean mass gain, or personal goal success. Factors such as diet and genetic makeup, overall health, or physiological differences may influence weight loss, lean mass gain, and personal goal success. Please consult with your physician before beginning any new nutrition or exercise program.
6. General. No entrant shall use any artificial or inappropriate means of weight loss or alteration in body composition while enrolled in the Challenge including but not limited to liposuction, weight loss surgery, or other similar procedures. All interpretations of these Official Rules shall be made by Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding. Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy reserves the right to cancel, terminate, change or suspend this Challenge or any part of this Challenge for any reason. Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any individual from the program with no refund it reasonably suspects or believes to be tampering with the process, or any part of the Challenge itself by any means or suspected to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other term or condition of the Challenge set by Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy. If Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy determines, in its sole discretion, that unforeseen events have compromised the integrity or viability of the Challenge, Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Challenge, including the entire Challenge, and/or modify the Challenge. Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy shall not be responsible for lost, incomplete or late weigh-ins/body composition or photos that are not received by Niction Nutrition Fitness Academy for any reason whatsoever.
If you’re a coach,
or you want to be…
Learning how to coach real people with real lifestyle challenges into a better and healthier "you" through healthy eating and lifestyle changes is not easy. Many industry professionals have to focus all their efforts on mastering the human body in movement and improvement. Making time to master the nutritional side of things in addition to that just isn't practical.
Yeah, most of the professionals in the industry have a pretty good understanding of the macros (carbs, protein and fat) and even a pretty basic understanding of vitamins and minerals, but they just lack the in depth knowledge and practical application of what to do after the first serious roadblock shows its ugly face. Most professionals just start throwing anything they can think of at the roadblock in an attempt to save their "image" from looking like they don't know what they are doing. "it's your hormones" "you have food sensitivities" "you must be doing it wrong".
That's were the Nutrition 101 Challenge comes in. Through us you can licence the Nutrition 101 Challenge program to use with your clients.
You don't have to waste time and effort any longer trying to teach and repeat the same nutritional advice to every single client you get over and over again. You no longer have to try and upcharge for abstract nutritional advice that may or may not work depending on the quality of your coaching and the client's ability to precisely understand. And, you no longer have to use painstaking effort towards offering and servicing "nutritional coaching" as a perk to close a deal that you won't be paid any extra for.
Leave it all to us!
With the Nutrition 101 Challenge program you can offer it to your clients at whatever price you agree to or you can offer it for free as a complement to your service, and the program will teach your client everything they need to achieve their goals. You are still encouraged to be in touch with them from time to time to answer any questions and clarify any details, plus they will be coming to you for their physical activity needs that they learn about in the Nutrition 101 Challenge program.
If you are interested in learning more about how to get access to the Nutrition 101 Challenge or just interested in learning more about the program at all then please, don't hesitate to contact us.
All you have to do is send us an email!